Black Lives Matter
Distance Learning Resources
If you need help or have help to give…
Times are difficult as we face the enormous challenges and heartaches of Covid.19 in our cities, our country and the world. In some small way Flobel and Gray Panthers would like to help by connecting with you through a collection of resources for health, comfort, services and spiritual well being. We now are also in the extraordinary season of Thanksgiving. Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanza. We have all been through alot these past 2 years . But , at last, hope is still alive and stronger every day.
We encourage you to follow our website with updated resources as needed. For your convenience we have formatted the site in a book style resource with each chapter highlighting areas of interest. Should you encounter difficulty and cannot access help there is a point of contact number. There is also a very special page dedicated to healthcare workers, first responders and where donations can be made.
May, I take this opportunity to wish you and your family peace, health and promise
Sign up to give or receive help!
- A Guide to Budgeting During the Coronavirus Pandemic ---This site offers a wide amount of information to care for the physical health and wellbeing of senior citizens
- Actor’s Fund Assistance ---This is an excellent site for looking for artists and entertainers needing resources and assistance in a wide range of areas in life.
- Ageism is Fueling the Pandemic ---"Ageism Is Making the Pandemic Worse The disregard for the elderly that’s woven into American culture is hurting everyone"
- MEDITATION WITH DR. VIJAYA NAIR: PART 1 ---
- Virtual Art Experiences ---Even when we're socially distanced, the magic of the arts can still connect us. That's why we've compiled virtual experiences from amazing arts groups from all over the state – workshops with local artists, shows with international stars, performances of national tours, regional plays, comedy, art prompts, poetry slams, classes, living room musicals, and so much more.
- Virtual Festival ---Virtual Festival seeks to offset the losses of the entertainment industry by offering streamed performances by bands across the country, with fans donating directly to musicians via PayPal and Venmo in lieu of ticket sales.
- VOLS Elderly Project Legal Hotline ---Probono Legal Services for New Yorkers
- Western Mass Recovery Learning Community ---Use this link if you need phone or online support for healing and recovery (from trauma, addiction, and more)
- What Medicare Covers ---Everything Corona Virus and Medicare Related
- What the LGBTQ community needs to know about COVID-19 ---As the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) increases, many LGBTQ people are understandably concerned about how this virus may affect us and our communities. Use this link to find resources and tools.
- When We All Vote ---When We All Vote is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American. Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in elections. In the months directly before the 2018 midterm elections, When We All Vote organized 2,500 local voter registration events across the country, engaged 200 million Americans online about the significance of voting, and texted nearly four million voters the resources to register and get out to vote.
- Zoom Basics ---This is a youtube video tutorial regarding how to use Zoom/know the basics